I am making sure my space is ready for all the hard core crafting I am going to do this summer (bwahahaha! you know..while the kids are home, silently reading and having perfectly harmonious tea parties together). It is going to take a bunch of little organization projects to make this happen.
A good place to start, in my mind, was with my alphabets. This is in part because I needed them for a project and got really frustrated when I couldn’t find what I needed, only to go out and buy what I needed, only to find it in the bottom of the box i already had. Soooo..
Here is what I started with..
Yeah..what a mess! There are all sorts of amazing and beautiful storage boxes to hold and sort stuff like this. However I wanted something portable, inexpensive, and preferably already in my closet. Which is where I pulled these from..
Plain..multipocketed..plastic and light. I can throw them in a bag to scrap on the go. I can toss them in a drawer for easy, out of sight access. Perfect! All I needed was to take about ten minutes to sort what I have in to usable categories, and file them away. I finished off the project by labeling the envelopes (since I have a strange feeling more of these envelopes will appear during the course of this project) and labeling each pocket so I can find what I need in a snap. Here is a collage from start to finish.
I couldn’t be happier with the result. It was a super simple way to save time and energy. After all, I am pretty sure that my projects are going to be done in two to three minute bursts in between refereeing sessions. Gotta make it work!